I'm finding that my sentences aren't getting finished lately, that my ability to hold a long conversation when my children are in the room is rough, that my attempts to title a simple blog update are all coming to a........halt. Yeah. Halt. That was the word I was thinking of.
I just came from my second baby shower and I am feeling quite blessed. My new church family here in Indy threw me a lovely shower and Baby boy was spoiled rotten with so many wonderful presents. I have to say one of my favorite things were these monogrammed burp cloths and also this really cool soft and fuzzy blanket....oh and my first Colts outfit for the little man.
Trey cute my friends.
I so appreciate my wonderful friends in my life who took the time, the energy, the money and the thoughtfulness to throw me such wonderful showers of blessings to celebrate Michael's life and his coming into our family. I know how special he is and I know how amazing he is to be in our life, but to have people celebrate that WITH you and join in the excitement WITH you just makes this experience all the more sweeter.
Little guy's circumcision went well (as well as they can go I guess) and I made it out of the hospital in one piece. I was stuck there for about an hour and a half with an injured newborn and a busy toddler hanging out with these three nurses while they wanted to keep checking him to make sure all the bleeding had finally stopped. Yuck. My poor baby.
I am still looking for a place to take my little babes to get their photos done before my peanut gets any bigger, but I am struggling with knowing where to go in this new town of mine. I am pretty specific in the type of photos I want and I am not thinking a JC Penney special will do. I am cool with department store photos for down the road and I did those for Little Girl plenty of times, but for the first ones - I want them to be pretty cool. I need some good newborn photos, some brother and sister photos, LG's 3 yr. photos and a new family photo. This is going to be my mission in these next couple of weeks. BB seems to be chunking up and already looking bigger even after these 3 short weeks. I don't want to miss capturing his true "scrunchy" baby-ness! :-)
I ate my last bit of chocolate tonight.....for awhile anyway. Weight Watchers has been missing me and my thighs have been missing it. I am starting to count my points again tomorrow and I am hoping for good things to show up on my scale. I know I have an impending move coming up which means poor eating and then, well, there's the holidays. Nothing good happens to your waistline during this season, so I am going to pre-empt the craziness and try to get my body under control a little before it hits me.
This is the plan anyway.
I'll keep you posted.
Tomorrow is a stay-at-home kinda day since BB is still recovering and LG is needing some stability and casualness to her little life. I think we will make it a playdough, sandbox, play catch, draw pictures for Grandma, work on puzzles sort of deal. It should be fun!
Now, if I can only get to sleep tonight so I can be alert to do all these things tomorrow. We shall see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm telling you, this 2 kid thing fits you guys pretty nice. I'm so glad to see that you are enjoying every aspect of it, even the sleepless nights. Each "season" is so special but so short. Also glad to hear you survived the circumsion. I wasn't really worried about BB. More worried about you:)
I hope you had a restful day and BB is recovering. I know nothing about such procedures. I am not sure I want to know.
I will pray that the sleeping things gets better.
Wonderful update, and you sound quite coherent to me. You are a beautiful family. Glad I finally caught up.
Post a Comment