Sunday, September 7, 2008

Touring a bath house - now that was creepy








So, we are in this lovely town in Arkansas with not much to do. Our wonderful friends and their 2 sweet girls came down for a visit this weekend and it was SOO hot outside. We decided to cool off by going on this tour of an old-time bath house.

It was weird. It was odd. And, apparently it was for the rich people to enjoy. If you have never toured one - I don't even know how to explain it in an interesting way, but just go see one some time and tell me if you don't think it is strange. To top it off - their was a 19 minute bathing video you could choose to go see on your tour. We were going to ask the rating on this before we went in, but assumed it was a family tour and hoped for the best. :-) It was air-conditioned and this is really all we were going for anyway.

Our little boy is 1 week old today!!! Wow! Little girl keeps telling Grandma on the phone "he's so cute. he's such a little peanut."

Here are some of the fun quotes from little girl that I have written down to be saved for the baby books.

"Don't be scared baby Michael. It's just me, your big sister - not a scary monster."

"Can I pet him like a puppy?"

"Do you want some ice cream Michael? "Yes - I am very hungry and want some ice cream" - she made a little manly voice for Michael and answered for him. It was hysterical!!!

When the nurse at the hospital started putting Michael's hat back on him after we were done looking at his sweet face through the nursery glass window, she said "Hey - what's she doing to my baby brother?" with an angry little look on her face.

Little Girl has been cracking us up and she is totally loving on this new addition to our family. She is exhibiting all the classic signs of an amazing big sister and so far........knock on wood.....cross my fingers.....say a quick prayer to Jesus.....she hasn't shown too much jealousy. I'm holding on to that joy as long as I can people!

Grandma arrives tomorrow and will be staying the week with us. Yay!! Yippee!! Hooray!!! Momma needs a haircut and highlight and, well, yeah, some sleep too. Then, Grandma is going to take little girl back to her house on Friday until we arrive back through town in Missouri on Tuesday night to pick her up after our baby shower! Little girl will have so much fun at Grandma's and we will enjoy the extra bonding time with our son.

I took a few more pics of the little man this weekend and thought I would share these with you all as well. It's so hard not to constantly take pictures of that adorable little nearly 6 lb. boy's face!

As always - we love and miss you all. Thanks for all the notes and all the love! We feel it and we're throwing it back your way!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

He's is such a doll! I love the picture of you kissing his forehead. Grandma coming for a few days is just WONDERFUL!

Lynn said...

Oh, I almost forgot....those quotes...PRICELESS! ADORABLE! and clearly WORTH SCRAPBOOKING!

Julie said...

I love Little Girl! I just simply do. Her quotes made me laugh out loud! I have been praying that she will love him and not feel an ounce of jealousy. Looks like you've been blessed with that. The pictures are precious. Baby boy is perfectly adorable! Here's some advice.....SLEEP! Take advantage of Gma being there. SLEEP! You can never get enough with a newborn in the house. We love you and can't wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

We made it home! Thanks for posting the pix of our weekend - wow, you are fast! We had fun with you guys...Reagan talked about the paddle boats on the phone to her Grandmas and Aunt on the way home, and she said "Baby Michael is so cute".....tonight she prayed for him to "grow faster." Unfortunately, that will happen, huh? BTW, did you get the syrup out of Little Girl's hair? Thanks for a great weekend! Baby Michael is just so tiny and I am so glad that I got to see him in his first week of life! Hope this week brings lots of sleep and bonding time with your sweet baby!

Jamie said...

I've heard about those places, they are kind of wierd. I am glad things are going well for you. Your boy is darling and Little Girl is hilarious. Sweet.

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!!! What a little slice of heaven!
Can't wait to get together and see the live version.

Anonymous said...

That place sounds weird! Is that just an Arkansas thing? Thanks for the update, I love hearing how things are going.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of you and your new baby boy are precious, Kara! And the "life through little girl's eyes" - just hilarious and amazing!! That's so great that you're remembering these things and documenting them - even in the midst of being sleep-deprived!

Rhea said...

Awwww..... I knew he'd be worth the wait! And, do I really have to remind you how cu-ute your childREN are?! May God's BEST be yours and may YOUR BEST be God's!

Lovingly,
Rheagan ( Kylee's Proud Aunt)

Christie's Corner said...

Little Girl is cracking me up! That's some priceless stuff she's come up with.

And, Baby Boy is SOOO cute!

Lianne said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby boy Kara!! He's just perfect and has such kissable lips. Your kids are precious! How blessed you are and how loving and faithful is our God!! congratulations from Kelly, Christian and me!!