Yeah. This girl is tired alright. I am squinting a little at the screen right now to be able to focus on the words that are being typed. My little guy is a perfect sleeper during the day but lacks a little of the gift of slumber at night time. I made a rookie mom mistake and switched his formula on him cold turkey.
Why did I do this you ask?
I do not know. I wasn't thinking. I am brain dead.
Now my poor baby grunts like a grizzly bear constantly because he is a little constipated. Lovely.
I am calling the doctor to find out what I should do. I am mad at myself for doing that, but I know he will be o.k. Any advice on getting the poo to flow - just send it my way! :-)
Well, I know a lot of you have asked me about nursing and how it is going. I feel guilty for some reason as I am writing this, but I believe my Michael will be a mainly bottle fed baby. We tried it a couple of times and he did great the first go around and the second was a crazy event. After the power went out at the duplex and then we had literally one catastrophe after another blowing through our town of Arkansas, trying to see those fine little tubes in the dark with my brand new new-born and also trying to assist the needs of my very active 3 year old - I figured the balance of a little more peace was more what my child needed than me trying to make the nursing thing happen. Our life is full of so much joy right now, but it is also full of a lot of stressful things right now, not to mention that we will be moving our little family into our brand new house not long after we get home and that will be a whole new set of things to tackle. My greatest goal is to bond with Baby Boy and to give him my serenity and my best. Nursing, so far, hasn't played into that goal, and for now my man is eating from the Avent bottles like they are going out of style. I haven't nixed the whole nursing idea all together, but this has had to be my choice for now.
Thanks for letting me spill my thought process there. I know people have been wanting to know, so I wanted to share where we were at on the whole thing. Nursing the first one was pretty easy and could be my complete focus. Nursing number two was not quite the same. This is life. We are good.
I am hoping to get some professional pictures of Baby Boy done here very soon and also Little Girl's 3 year pics. I want to capture their ages as quickly as possible before either one of them keep changing before my very eyes. Baby Boy is already starting to fill out in his face and his head has also rounded out a bit. I can't believe we are at 11 days old now!
I am so tired right now that I feel I must sign off and find my way to the couch. It's calling out to me right now.
UPDATE**** - The children have revolted. Baby Boy grunted like a crazy boy every time I closed my eyes and now Little Girl has awoken EARLY. No nap today. Maybe tomorrow. Sigh. :-)
As always - thanks for all the hellos and notes from all my friends. I am sending out a kiss from Baby boy to you across the blogosphere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Goodness girl...bless your heart. I know those naps are sacred.
Within just a snap of time he'll be sleeping through the night all tucked away in his new bedroom at your new house. Then perhaps you'll look back on all these early adventures with fondness.
Assume no guilt about the nursing decision...he's gonna be a happy healthy baby either way!....assuming the poo eventually does start to flow!...and it will. :)
I found it really hard to breast feed mine with a toddler to chase after also. Don't feel guilty. The most important thing he needs right now is love and he's getting plenty of that. As for sleeping, it'll happen soon. I promise. Things will be so much easier when you are surrounded by your own familiar environment, home. You're doing a great job and for being sleep deprived you look fabulous.
Girl, I am AMAZED that you found the time to type all this out to update us. AND that you were able to compose complete sentences under the duress of sleep depravation! You are wonder mom!
i have a feeling you are dealing with a loaded cannon..when it blows here are some pointers...
1. Take a deep breath. Beg David to go in first. Remember it's hold your nose--breathe through your mouth.
2. Get Michael clean first, or else you'll have Squirmed-in Poop in addition to Down the Wall Poop, and two poops are twice the poop of one.
3. Occupy baby AWAY FROM POOP, and bring out the big boys from under the kitchen sink - something that cleans and disinfects.
4. Count to 10 and move in for the kill. You can do this!
5. Have a laugh and blog about it. The first time is always the worst, but it's something you can look back on with a smile. Until the next time it happens.
Natalie - Your comments always crack me up. I think you also have a fan-base amongst some of the other readers!!! Thanks for the great tips!
Congratulations on your new baby boy! He is absolutely beautiful, and Little Girl is going to be a wonderful big sister.
If you're still having trouble with the poo, our pediatrician recommended taking the baby's temperature with a rectal baby thermometer and wiggling the thermometer around while waiting for the reading. The stimulation usually causes the poo to fly within the day, so diaper well!
You know you're amongst mothers when we can send thoughts of nursing, poo and rectal thermometers out into the blogosphere. So , I suppose I will give my two cents on the subject. I believe that whatever you might believe the sweet boy is missing by NOT nursing right now, The Father will supply ALL his needs - spiritual, emotional, AND NUTRIONAL! according to ....HIS riches and GLORY. And what wonderful glory it is! I'm pullin' for ya! ( Oh, Beth speaks the truth however grody it sounds...or cruel. Because if you coat the rectal thermometer like you are supposed to, with a 'tad' of petroleum jelly ( just a little) Helps that business just slip right on out! ) Happy BM!
Okay, I remember our pediatrician telling me to try a little pear juice when my baby girl got all clogged up. This might take a little more time than the thermometer method. I hope for baby's sake he is regular by now, but in the future you could try the juice.
I am a bottle only mom myself, so you will get no judgement from me. My girls were very healthy babies and Big sis didn't have an ear infection until she was 5 years old. How's that for immunity???
I sure can identify with you on the whole trying (but failing) to get a nap in for yourself!
Some days I can sneak in a quick nap, but most days are like today when the second Jake & Tori went down for a nap Joel woke up - and he finally fell asleep when the other two woke up. Sheesh. I know this phase only lasts for awhile....good thing God made them cute!
Just wanted you to know you're not alone! Thankfully we'll both be sleeping well before we know it.
Post a Comment