Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2nd day of Spring Break

I usually do my posts around 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. at night when the kids have been put down, the dishes have been done and I have said more than 3 words to my hubby for the night. This week is all out of whack. It's Spring Break, so the schedules have gone out the window. I have hurt my back, so all plans are on stand-by. My hubby has a crazy week, so dinner will be eating out or cereal most nights. I won't be doing my typical menu planning for this very reason, so you won't be seeing it today (well, you normally would see it on Mon. night, but.....).

My birthday isn't even here yet and I have had numerous celebrations. My friends have blessed my socks off and so have my parents and in-laws for giving me breaks and loving on me this week. I feel so honored to have the people in my life that I do. Seriously. I've told you about my friend Julie who does too many things for me that I can even mention, but her thoughtfulness knows no bounds. Cheri - who I co-host and lead lifegroup with is so encouraging and kind and has been such a Godly friend to me this past year. Lindsey sent me the sweetest card in the mail for my birthday that made my day, and my friend Christy surprised me with the newest Karen Kingsbury book from the Bailey Flannigan series that came out today. She's so awesome!!!

Christy and Erin also brought little cupcakes and pink strawberry rice krispy treats complete with candles for our park and picnic date with the kids today. Good friends are so hard to come by. I believe friendships are essential for a fulfilled life and a strong relationship with the Lord. I truly do. I couldn't function without them and I love all the people that I get to call my friends.

I hope and pray that I pour into them what they pour into me.

On a side note, I have been eating horribly this weekend with all this bday celebrating. I am committed to being a good girl this whole week (until Julie and I go out of town on Friday night) and try to avoid things like these brownies that I saw a recipe for online last night.

They are an actual peanut butter brownie that has mini peanut butter cups chopped up inside and then a cute little one placed atop each individual brownie. Oh my. You will eventually see these over at The Recipe Box. You can count on that.

My poor, sad little back is doing better today. I was able to get out and go to the park with my lifegroup girls and that felt nice. I had to have others help me when the kids needed to be lifted at all, but other than that, I could manage. I am babying it to death right now in hopes that I can atleast walk for some exercise tomorrow. I am praying that this is the case.

I made barbecue pork sandwiches last week for dinner and we thought they were great. Here's the recipe over at The Recipe Box.

Enjoy your week. I hope it's Sunny where you live!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better, Happy Birthday and I can't wait to hear about the brownies!

Julie said...

We are all blessed to call you friend!

christy_tree said...

I agree with Julie! :)