Thursday, March 10, 2011

RE-RUNS - Go Away!

I'm trying to watch my nightly Tivo'd shows and all I keep running into is:

Re-Run

Re-Run

Re-Run.

So discouraging when you are already flopped on the couch with a snack and drink in hand, fuzzy pajamas on and ready to zone out for a couple of hours.

Not a fan.

At least I have American Idol on right now. It's actually not bad with these new judges. Steven Tyler is a little wild and unpredictable, but it's definitely entertaining. And the talent is AWESOME this year. We kind of felt like last year was a joke, so it's nice to hear such great singers.

My husband is painting my little hallway from the garage for me right now. I started painting it cream to match my living room this afternoon and I begged him to finish it for me. I hate cutting in! I think I've decided on a kitchen color too. Are you ready? It's the color from the Gallery Wall I showed you a couple of days ago.

It's called "Faded Silk" by Ralph Lauren. Here's a sample


I also found some fabric that I think is PERFECT as new valances for the kitchen. I stopped by a local discount/designer fabric store and went to look for a pattern to match that new dishtowel I had found at Anthropologie. Well, guess what?? I found the EXACT pattern to match the damask yellow and cream pattern and bought about 1/2 yard to hang over my curtain rod so I could stare at it with my possible new wall color. I am going to hopefully have my MIL work on those here in the next month. Yay!!

My kitchen is a bomb right now. It slightly resembles a frat house, and I'm not kidding. But......I'm not moving off this couch. I'm sore from my run today and tired from cooking dinner and kids and craziness, so I am leaving it. I will hate myself in the morning, but for now - I shall ignore the filth. Denial is so fun.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

lindseybreeden1 said...

I love that paint color!!! I need inspiration like that ASAP!!! I also hear ya on the re-runs! I am all excited (have been looking forward to it all day) to watch my shows and then I get 5 minutes into it and I realize oh wait I have already seen this!!! GRRRRRR
Hope to see you soon!