Monday, March 28, 2011

Girl's Weekend & Bye-Bye Binky

It's been a long day and a long recovery from all my back issues from last week. I actually made it to the gym today and ran with Julie, but no weights yet. I'm not crazy and I don't want to re-injure my back. I need a few more days.

I am sipping some decaf coffee right now out of one of my purchases from the weekend.

How cute is this vintage owl mug? And I love the shape and the "feel" of this mug when I am drinking my joe. Yummy.

We made our first stop at this area of stores where we scoped out a really nice T.J. Maxx, Target, and Kohls. We tried on clothes at our leisure and drug our feet like we didn't have a care or schedule in the world. Total bliss. We ate where we ate last year for dinner and it's somewhere I never go. Chili's. We ate horribly unhealthy food and polished it off with "our dessert". It's so good that we speak of it often. Have you guys ever had the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie?

You won't be the same. It's so good that we pretend like we can each get our own, but it's too rich and we always end up splitting. I am stuffed when we finish, so it's just as well.

The hubs used some of his hotel points and got us a free night's stay at a nice hotel in the city we visited. We arrived in our room around 9:45, got in our jammies, talked as only girl's do and then headed off to snooze-land. We were in a blissful state of sleep until we heard this loud thumping on a door close by and a man yelling and cursing and being horrible. The situation escalated to where there was a girl screaming as well and ultimately the police came and took him away. This was literally like a 45 minute ordeal. It was hard for us to go back to sleep, but morning came - no alarms thank-you-very-much. It was a nice surprise to see a note under our door that said all of Dave's points would be refunded and our girl's night was on the house. Score! I hated the noise and the lack of sleep, but I love a free room. OH yes i do.

We ate like queens all day complete with doughnuts, coffee, cheese curds and home-made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I found some awesome deals on clothes - only for myself. I had to steer away from the kids area. I finally have some new workout gear, some spring/summer shirts and a new pair of sunglasses for $10 at Banana Republic. Yay!

Seriously - it was SO much fun and laughing all weekend with my dearest friend was the highlight of my birthday. Julie - you rock!

My back is feeling much better and today I felt willing to tackle my greatest challenge.....getting rid of Baby Boy's Binky. I have only let my little man have it during nap and night time, but it was still a strong habit. Nap today was rou-ou-ou-gh, but I am proud to say that he went to bed tonight without a tear and he told me himself "no more binky. I a big boy. Still have blankie and Buzz (lightyear)" I was floating out of his room when I realized he was o.k. and growing up.

Today was the last day he will ever have a binky. I'm filing this in my memory bank. He is growing up so fast. My goal was to knock out binky and potty training by Summer, so I am feeling thrilled and sad all rolled into one. Motherhood.

I will end this long post with my menu for the week. I am eating like a good girl and following Weight Watchers to a T, so here's the food plan.

Pork Roast with potatoes and carrots (craving it again)
Grilled Chicken with salad and baked potato
Tortilla crusted Tilapia with sweet potato fries and steamed green beans
W.W. Recipe for Beef Baked Ziti (this one is really good), salad and steamed asparagus
Taco Soup
Turkey, Cheddar, Apple & Cranberry Meatballs, brown rice and veggies

Little Girl finally heads back to preschool tomorrow after a very long Spring Break. She is almost as excited as I am. :-) Me and Baby Boy (can I even still call him that?) will be doing grocery shopping and hopefully I will finish my wreath for my front door and I can share some pics.

Meet me back here tomorrow night.

P.S. I watched Army Wives last night and I literally cried for the whole hour long show. It was gut-wrenching. I love this show and the story line just about took me over the edge. David told me he was so glad he went to bed without me so he didn't have to be a party to all my kleenex usage. You have to watch this show!

O.K. Nighty-Night.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

There was a Chili's on base when we lived in Korea, so we ate there all.the.time. I think the chocolate volcano was out dessert of choice. I don't remember this one. Looks AMAZING!