Monday, March 14, 2011

Start of the week

2 days ago I was jumping on the trampoline with the kids in 65 degree weather.

Today - it SNOWED!

WHAT??

I went absolutely nowhere and decided to just do laundry and clean my house. I was busy with so many other things this weekend, that I let the house go to pot and it was such a disaster to wake up to this morning. There's nothing like watching an episode of "Hoarders" at midnight the night before to make you want to get up and clean your filth before you start heading down a slippery slope of disturbing nastiness.

So, Yes. I cleaned.

My husband's words when he got home tonight was "honey!! wow!! You reallllly cleaned today" "Wow". Thanks honey - for both the "Wow's"!. I guess it really did get pretty crazy this weekend.

I don't know how well my new kitchen color will show up on your computer screen, but here are a couple of sneaky-peeks.

Here's a pic of the color against the old blah tan color.





This new paint has a green / blue/ grey tone to it depending on the light. I think I really like it. I need to get my new curtains decided on and that will help me make the room pop with a little excitement. I have struggled so much with this kitchen. I'm not sure if it's because I am going in a different style direction than I am used to and I am fighting against myself and questioning all my decisions, or if I am just being super indecisive right now. Either way - I'm SO ready for me to look up while I am cooking and feel all sorts of warm and happy thoughts. :-)

Here are some cute snapshots of my handsome husband and equally handsome son working on my new garden beds.


Little Girl had fun helping too


She has a bucket full of sawdust and literally played with it for about 4 hours. I'm not even kidding.


I just finished my dinner menu for the week, and I thought I would share again. If you guys enjoy hearing it and feel like it gives you some fun cooking inspiration - let me know, and maybe I will make it a regular Monday night post.

Baked Ziti with home-made pasta sauce
Home-made whole wheat pizza and salad
Chicken tacos made in the crock pot
Turkey Burgers, Potato Wedges & roasted veggies
BBQ Meatballs with Brown Rice
AND
Chicken Parmesan in the crockpot

On a final note, I found Baby Boy a practically brand new little bike with training wheels for dirt cheap at The Salvation Army last week. I figured we would give it to him this summer when his cute little legs can peddle a bit better. He's so excited! I love a great deal!

I've got a lot to post about this week, so stay tuned and drop me a note! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I like your menu for the week. I could always use ideas for when I get in a rut.

Unknown said...

The color looks beautiful via blog, so I can only imagine it looks better in person. I find choosing a paint color stressful too, because once you buy all that paint and start going....there is no going back (without spending a bunch more money :) Our next room to paint is the family room. The new couch comes in about 2 weeks, so I'm waiting for it to get here before I get some sample paint squares up on the wall.

I had never thought of sawdust as a toy, we'll have to give that one a try!

Cheryl