Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

It rained today. A LOT.

Tuesday is my errands day with Baby Boy since Little Girl is off learning and flourishing in preschool.

I first went to good ol' Walmart and bought out the store. It's amazing how fast my grocery bill flies over $100 and I just seem to be getting my basics. I didn't purchase meat today, but there was a ton of fresh veggies, fresh fruit, organic milk, some medicine, an outfit for LG, Pull-ups for night time for BB and easy mac were a few of the things that went into my cart.

I also went to Price Cutter to get a few things that I knew were on sale like the fact that most of their cereals were HALF OFF. I think I bought 10 boxes. Cracklin Oat Bran is one of my faves and it was only around $2. So happy!

Here is my menu for the week. I shouldn't be typing this, because as we speak I am hungry and am going to want to go to my fridge after writing this.

Taco Soup
Shrimp & Pasta
Lasagna with home-made sauce (didn't get to this one last week)
Chicken Fajitas with avocado and black bean salsa
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, salad and potato wedges
Turkey Burgers and roasted veggies
home-made pizza
and
Brown Sugar crusted Apple Muffins as a treat

We had the taco soup tonight which I've posted before over at The Recipe Box. I actually served it with some of these amazing chips that I discovered a few weeks ago. A friend from my life group brought these one night and me and the family are obsessed.

They are these Tostito Fire-roasted chipotle chips. Have you had them? MmMmmMmmmmm.


They were the same in the Weight Watchers "points" department as my typical Multi-grain chips that we use for everything, so I purchased some today with great joy.


Yes. I talk about food a lot. I really enjoy eating.

LG is in "begging for a doggy" mode. She keeps mentioning a poodle, and no offense to those of you who are poodle lovers or owners, but that's not us. We have no idea when it's going to happen, but as much as I love the idea of having a cute little dog running around for my kids to love and attach to, the thought of the hair, pee, poo, grooming, walk-taking and dirty feet - they just don't draw me in.

Sigh......

It will happen people - just not sure when. Mommy still needs some more time with her little people who still have a lot of needs.

On a final note, my hubby is running off to get me a tall nonfat caramel machiatto - and DECAF, of course - so that I can sip something warm while we catch up on each other's day and then watch Parenthood. LOVE THAT SHOW!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I have a great idea! Anytime little girl needs a doggie fix, I'll bring Wiley over! He will wear your kids out, I haven't met a child who didn't love playing with him. BTW...he's a poodle ;) For the record, I did NOT want a poodle. Now I can't imagine having any other dog. Super smart, clean (as far as dogs go), and NO shedding, NONE!